Applications are open for Japanese Government Scholarships available for international students to pursue undergraduate studies in Social Sciences and Humanities and Natural Sciences at Japanese universities. Scholarship awards will be tenable for five years from April 2015 to March 2020, including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. For scholarship grantees majoring in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or a six-year course in pharmacy, the term of scholarship will be seven years until March 2022.
The deadline of the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree at Japanese universities.
Scholarship Provider: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Scholarship
Description: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2015.
Selection Criteria: In cooperation with the governments of the applicants’ countries the Japanese diplomatic mission will conduct primary screening of applicants by means of submitted application documents, interviews and academic examinations.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Application Form (by the prescribed forms)
- Placement Preference Form (prescribed form for applicants for direct placement only)
- Photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Upper body, Full-faced, Uncapped) taken within the past 6 months (name and nationality should be written on the reverse photo to be pasted onto the application documents. Digital photographs also acceptable)
- Academic transcript for the past 3 years
- Recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended
- Graduation certificate of the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate) -Certificate of passage of university entrance qualification examination (if applicable)
- Certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a university)
- Medical certificate (on the prescribed form)